Events & Activities Going on This Weekend in Steamboat: August 20-22, 2010
Photo by Anne Lauinger, if you have a Steamboat Photo & would like to share it feel free to send it to – email@example.com
- 2nd Annual Steamboat All Arts Festival – From August 20 – 22, 2010 “The Steamboat All Arts Festival is the newest and is one of the most collaborative events in Steamboat, this is a four-day event that highlights the amazing arts and culture in the Yampa Valley while featuring nationally-renowned artists. The festival incorporates all aspects of the arts into one cohesive event including dance, vocal, musical, vocal, visual, literary and culinary arts. There will be experiential and educational workshops available all weekend and open to all levels. Come join us and enjoy the arts, culture and beauty of the Yampa Valley Festival! For detailed information on times and dates visit Steamboat’s All Arts Festival.
- Yampa Valley River Art Stroll – From August 20 – 22, 2010 “Meander along Yampa Street among artwork from across the country in the 2nd Annual Yampa River Art Stroll. Friday through Sunday, artists will line the avenue in the highlight of the All Arts Festival. Performing arts are featured as well, at the nearby Yampa Stage.
- Steamboat Springs Free Summer Concert Series – August 20, 2010 ” Featured Band – teh Emmit-Nershi” Part of a 5 Concert Summer Series at Howelsen Hill Amphitheater, with years of collective experience this band has under their belts, Drew Emmit and Bill Nershi exemplify the forward-thinking modern bluegrass musician. Gates Open at 5:30pm
- Steamboat Springs Pro Rodeo Series – August 20, 2010 “Every Friday and Saturday night at 7:30pm cheer on the cowboys at the Steamboat Springs Pro Rodeo, voted one of the best small-town outdoor rodeos in the country. There is fun for the entire family with the Ram and Calf Scramble.
- MainStreet Farmers Market – August 21, 2010 9am-2pm “Come downtown on Saturdays to the weekly farmers’ market on 6th Street next to the Routt County Courthouse. Featuring locally and regionally grown meats, produce, baked goods, cheeses, sauces, plants, handcrafted arts and crafts, live music, hot food, and more. Now in it’s 6th year, the market has become the not to be missed weekly event for locals and guests alike.
- Asleep at the Wheel at the Strings Music Pavilion – August 20, 2010 8pm “Nine Grammy Awards plus a recent Grammy nomination for Willy (Nelson) and the Wheel, 4 years and 25+ albums under their belts, they are the famed western-swing, boogie, and roots-music outfit that just keep getting better. Bring your dancing shoes!
- Golden Dragon Acrobats at Strings Music Pavilion – August 21, 2010 3:30-8:00pm “The best of a twenty-four century tradition from Hebei, China. They will dazzle all ages with award-winning acrobatics, amazing feats of balance, spectacular costumes and music.
Check out Steamboat’s Summer Activities for some great family fun!