Create the Perfect Steamboat Adventures for your Kids or Grandkids this Summer. Steamboat has so many activities that your kids will enjoy. Make sure they wear plenty of sunscreen and drink lots of water as it is easy to get dehydrated in the altitude. We think the best Summer day begins as soon as you go outdoors.
Fun Kid Activities
- Hiking- Steamboat offers countless great hikes in town and out in our vast national forests. From Spring Creek and Emerald Mtn. in town to the Rabbit Ears, Pearl Lake and the Zirkels. Just give us a call for a recommendation or pick up ‘Hiking the Boat’.
- The Steamboat Tennis Center- Call for Junior Tennis Camps or Private Instruction. 970.879.8400
- Coca-Cola Adventure Zone- At the base of the mountain in Gondola square. Kid’s can enjoy a ropes course, bounce house, mechanical bull, climbing wall, bungee jumping. 970-871-5255.
- Gondola Ride up the mountain- Pack a picnic and hike or bike the trails. Lift ticket or season pass required ( bike ticket required as extra) 970-871-5470. Summer Hiking & Biking Trail Map
- Rotary Bike Trail- County Rd. 33. This is a great new biking trail that is perfect for kids (6 yrs +) to adults who want a moderate bike trail that is wide with little climbing that is not technical. We recommend renting at Steamboat Ski & Bike Kare, the best bike shop in town.
- Howler Alpine Slide- Zoom down the alpine slide as you whoot and holler your way down Howelsen Hill. 970-819-8010
- The Steamboat Springs Rodeo- Your kids will love to do the Calf or Ram Scramble. 970- 879-1818.
- Steamboat Equestrian School- Offering day camps for kids and Private Lessons. Great for little kids 4 yrs+ as they learn to ride on Ponies. 970.819.7150
- Amaze’n Steamboat Giant Maze & Miniature Golf. 970-870-8682
- Howelsen Ice Rink – An Olympic sized ice rink with skate rentals available. 970- 879-0341
- Excel Gymnastics – Fully equipped gymnastics center. Inquire about drop-in classes. 970-879-3467
- Old Town Hot Springs – Eight hot spring-fed pools, two waterslides, a 25-yard lap pool, fitness center with exercise classes, and massages are also available. 970-879-1828
- Steamboat or Stagecoach Lake- Rent a boat or just enjoy the refreshing water. Steamboat Lake- 970-879-7019 / Stagecoach-970-736-8342
- Movies – Catch a movie with popcorn and snacks at Wildhorse Cinemas. Wildhorse –970- 870-8222
- The Potter’s Wheel – Explore your creative side at this ceramic studio filled with all kinds of projects to paint. 970-879-4944
- BMX Track- Located at Howelsen Hill to the far right of the baseball fields.
- SkateBoard Park located at the west end of the Yampa River Core Trail behind the Routt County Justice Center.
- Skate Church- Located in the Riverside plaza . An indoor 5,000 square foot sk8 park to skate and hang out. 970-879-2222
Need childcare for the day or a few hours? Check out the camps below.
- Kids Adventure Club- At the base of the mountain. Your children can explore the great outdoors of Steamboat and make new friends. 970-879-0740 For ages 3-12.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Northwest Colorado- Drop in for ages 6-18 $1.00/hr plus Registration fee 970.871.3160
- Yampatika- Programs are age-specific and led by experienced Naturalists. Yampatika will be offering day camp during the week of July 2nd-6th. Theme: Raindrops to Rainbows. Your child can come to one day or all of them! Ages 5-14. 970-871-9151.
Best Restaurants/Treats for Kids-
- Slopeside Bar and Grill- On the mountain – Great Pizza and the kids can play in the yard and the new promenade area.
- Sweetwater Grill- Downtown on Yampa St. They have a swing set, lawn toys and the Sugar Shack. ( For after their dinner)
- Rex’s- In the Holiday Inn- Large lawn area for kids to play.
- Fro Yo- Opening Friday June 21st, delicious frozen yogurt from Katy at Bistro CV. On the Corner of 5th & Lincoln
- Ciao Gelato- Great pizza by the slice and amazing Italian Gelato make this a favorite for local kids. 7th & Yampa.
- Fuzziwigs Candy Factory- A downtown store filled with all kinds of candy and gifts.
- Lyons Drug- A Downtown pharmacy with an Old Fashioned Soda Fountain.
- Milk Run- Downtown, serving fresh doughnuts. Get there early before they sell out!
If you have any questions or would like more information, give us a call at 970-879-0879. We would be happy to guide you around Steamboat.