When the lifts stop running and the temperatures begin to warm, some are at a bit of a loss for sports or activities to take up until the summer arrives!
1. Ski – With the deepest base in Steamboat’s History grab a pair of snowshoes or your skins and hike up the mountain or Buff Pass. The skiing is still fantastic and there is still some powder skiing to be had before summer.
2. Mountain Bike – With Fruita, Moab and Vernal only a few hours away, epic mountain biking awaits. The trails are all fantastic and dry and are definitely worth the drive if you are looking to keep your skis packed away and get ready for the summer.
3. Kayak – Rent one and take a lesson if you have never tried! Mountain Sports Kayak School has lessons for beginners and advanced kayakers looking to improve their skills.
4. Get out for a Run – While we know that the trails are not yet open for running in Steamboat, most of the county roads are in great shape and can be the best way to ease your legs back into running. This can be the best first step as to help prevent injuries through leading into running with a few flat trails before the season gets underway!
5. Visit the Hot Springs- Enjoying the cool temps! With smaller crowds, you can often get one of the hot spring pools all to yourself!
We would love to hear some of what you are doing to stay busy! Let us know!