Winter Activities in Steamboat Springs
Although winter has been a little light on the snow, this town is never lacking in activities. Mountain biking on Emerald has been particularly great this year. The single track is in great shape making it one of the best winters for mountain biking! The cross country skiing trails still have a great base and are perfect for fast cruising on blue bird afternoons. Check out a few activities that we have really enjoyed this winter below –
- Mountain biking up Emerald
- Hiking and snowshoeing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs
- Spas and Massage
Looking for activities for the kids or grandkids? Try Checking Out a few of the activities below!
- Howelsen Ice Rink – an Olympic sized ice rink with rentals available.
- House of Bounce – filled with inflatable jump houses, slides, and even a toddler room.
- Excel Gymnastics – fully equipped gymnastics center. Inquire about drop-in classes.
- Old Town Hot Springs – eight hot spring-fed pools, two waterslides, a 25-yard lap pool, fitness center with exercise classes, and massages are also available.
- Tubing – have fun tubing down a snow-covered slope at Saddleback Ranch or Howelsen Hill.
- Movies – catch a movie with popcorn and snacks from one of our two cinemas.
- The Potter’s Wheel – explore your creative side at this ceramic studio filled with all kinds of projects to paint. www.potterswheelsteamboat.com
- Sweet Treats – explore and enjoy Fuzziwigs, a downtown store filled with all kinds of candy and gifts. Or head to the Milk Run in the morning for warm, fresh doughnuts.